Editor in chief
Astronomy's Science Editor
Ehsan Sanaei Ardekani
Who we are? "Aseman-e- shab" (night sky) international journal, the only exclusive journal of astronomy in the middle east was initially lunched in the universal year of astronomy and it is being published since then.
Aseman-e-Shab journal is honored to be supported by high-profile astronomy scientists and to have their contribution in it's editorial board.
Our local goals
- Promoting the culture of sky observation and to help understanding the beauties of the universe
- Accomplishing an important strategic project in the global year of astronomy
- Fulfilling scientific, news, and informational needs for astronomy society in Iran and neighbor countries.
- Creating a chain from discrete rings of astronomy activists in the country with aim to establish a convergence in community
- Providing a suitable field for updating affluent capabilities of youth in this era
- Presenting an electronic version of the journal on web
- Lunching an electronic data base along with this project
- Introducing astronomic electronic data bases, associations and activists nationwide
Our international goals
- Introduction and utilization of astronomical potentials in the middle east
- Improving Iran's scientific ranking in the middle east and worldwide
- Establishing scientific communication with publications and international authentic center utilizing global knowledge for improving astronomy situation in the middle east
Astronomy science in today's Iran is still very young. Despite of rich, respectable and honorable back ground and history, we still have a long way to traverse to get to the optimum point.
Sponsors of this project started this arduous work with good intentions and with the aim of converging astronomy community and they invite all individuals and professionals interested in this filed to have collaboration with them.
We wish that in near future this website will become a reliable database in introducing all real and legal personalities including associations, groups, organizations, observators and photographers active in astronomy field.
Professor Ali AjabShirizade
Faculty Member of Astrophysicshys Deopartment of Tabriz University
Head of Research Center of Astronomy and Astrophysics of Maraghe
Professor Nematollah Riazi
Faculty Member of Shiraz University
Head of Aboreyhan Observatory
Professor Saadolah Nasiri Ghidari
Faculty Member of Physics Department of Zanjan University
Parliament Member and head of Astronomy Fraction
Professor Hossein Baher
Dr. Farshad Ebrahimi
Faculty Member of Physics Department of Shahid Beheshti University
Faculty member of Shahid Chamran University
Dr. Reza Abdellahi
Science history researcher